Your privacy is very important to us and we are committed to protecting it. We have two ways of collecting data when you visit our website: data you provide to us directly at your own free will, and data that we collect automatically. By visiting our website, you are not providing any personal information about yourself, however the use of or the access to certain contents and functionalities of the website www.faceswithstoriescosmetics.com may imply the collection and processing of your personal data.
To learn more about the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, please consult the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, using the following link.
1. Our principles for protecting personal data
a) The Principle of responsibility of data processing in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
PALMEIRO GLOBAL is responsible for applying technical and organizational measures to ensure and verify that data processing is carried out in accordance with the GDPR.
PALMEIRO GLOBAL shall assume responsibility for compliance with the GDPR and shall hold documentary evidence of such behavior.
b) The Principle of data processing security
PALMEIRO GLOBAL shall apply appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure safety, these include,
• Pseudonymization and encryption of personal data;
• Capability of continuously safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, availability, authenticity, data processing services and permanent system resilience;
• Capability to establish, in good time, availability and access to personal data in the event of a physical or technical incident;
• To ensure processing safety, regular testing, assessing and evaluating process of the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures.
c) The Principle of lawfulness, loyalty and transparency
The lawfulness of data processing is specified in article 6 of the RGPD. Consent is one of the causes of data processing legitimacy. Consent must be a direct consent; clear and informed permission for the processing of personal data. The data processing should also be fair - respecting the purpose for which the data is collected and it should not be diverted from it without the consent of the holders; and transparent - the person must know what process his/her personal data was subjected to.
d) The Principle of limitation of purpose and conservation
Personal data shall be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes and may not be processed for different purposes unless there is a clear dominant interest over it. The data retention period must be what is strictly necessary and must respect the conservation and archiving periods provided by law.
e) The Principle of data minimization
PALMEIRO GLOBAL should only collect personal data that is considered appropriate, relevant and limited to the company.
f) The Principle of Accuracy
The data must be permanently accurate and updated whenever necessary, and measurements must be adopted to guarantee permanent accuracy and constant updating.
g) The Principle of integrity and confidentiality
The collected data is treated in a way that guarantees its safety, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
2. What personal data do we collect about you, how and for what purpose?
PALMEIRO GLOBAL collects various types of data and information that you provide directly when you use our website, services, blog and social networks. Sharing your personal information is voluntary, however, if you do not provide all or part of the information requested, it may be impossible to offer you certain products, services or information.
2.1. What personal data do we collect about you?
Identification and contact information
◦ Birthday Date
◦ Phone Number
• Transaction information needed to process your order
◦ Selected products
◦ Payment method
• Information about your preferences
◦ Your products and services preferences
• Socio-demographic information
◦ Other information
• Information about your physical features
◦ Eye color
◦ Hair type
◦ Skin type
◦ Other information
• Your online orders history
We keep a history of your transactions and places of purchase; when you buy or return a product, we collect information about the transaction; for example, information about the product, date and place of purchase or place of return.
• Records of your interaction with us
We keep a record of all your contacts with us at customer support and when you file a complaint.
• Posts you make on our social networks, such as comments you write on our blog, your comments and ratings about our products.
2.2 How do we collect personal data
Data is collected when
• You create an online account;
• You purchase a product or services on our online store;
• You contact us by email or telephone;
• You subscribe to our emails or Newsletter;
• You enter a competition or participate in a survey;
• You interact with us through a social network;
• You interact with us in any other way;
2.3 Purpose for collecting your data
a) Your data is needed, so that we may provide you with our products and services and fulfill your requests
Your data is used to manage contracts and services, as well as, to put in practice our contractual obligations, such as:
• Provide the products and services you request online,
• process transactions and invoices,
• ensure delivery times,
• online management,
• security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
• Manage your online account;
• Customize your experience on our website;
• Allowing you to benefit from exclusive campaigns;
• Manage your product reviews, your comments on the blog or your publications on social networks;
• Establish non-commercial communications with you;
• Send you our newsletter if you have requested it;
• Any other, current or future, service related to Faces with Stories and referred in any of our online policies.
b) your data is necessary for our legitimate interests
We will not use your personal data and may ask for your express consent, when we consider that your interests and fundamental rights exceed our legitimate interest.
c) Manage the relationship with our customers
We are always seeking to understand more about our customers or potential customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience according to your interests.
d) Commercial communications
We do not use the collected data to send you commercial communications, unless you give us your consent when making your registration. The consent is given by opt-in and subjected to your confirmation through double opt-in.
3. Data sharing
Some of the data mentioned before are shared with payment platform companies and shipping companies. This is necessary so that we can process your payment and deliver your purchase.
Whenever there is a new request for data collection and processing, it is necessary for you to give your positive consent. You must formalize an expressed, informed and voluntary manifestation of acceptance (positive unequivocal act). It should be noted that verbal consent is not valid.
The data you shared will never be provided to third parties for commercial purposes and will be used solely and exclusively for the brand Face with Stories, the property of PALMEIRO GLOBAL LDA.
4. Your rights
a) Right of access - you have the right to know how your data is being processed, as well as, the right to access it. This right is guaranteed at PALMEIRO GLOBAL, and you have free access to your data.
b) Right of rectification - you have the right to rectify your data if it is outdated, incorrect or incomplete.
c) Right to delete - you have the right to request PALMEIRO GLOBAL to delete your personal data, if you prove they:
• are unnecessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed;
• are still being processed after a withdrawn consent;
• have no legal basis for being processed;
• have been treated illegally.
d) Right to limit data processing - you have the right to limit the processing of your data in the following situations:
• contesting of the accuracy of processed data, during a certain period of time, that allows PALMEIRO GLOBAL to verify its accuracy;
• if the data processing is illicit and you oppose the deletion of personal data and request the limitation of its use;
• if PALMEIRO GLOBAL no longer requires your personal data for processing purposes, but you required the data for legal proceedings;
• if you have opposed to the processing of your data until it is found that PALMEIRO GLOBAL have legitimate motives, to prevail over yours as the holder of the personal data.
e) Right of data portability - you have the right to request your personal data from PALMEIRO GLOBAL, in a common format, and the right to request your data to be transferred to another responsible person for processing. However, you can only require your data to be delivered to another responsible person if this is "technically possible".
f) Right of opposition and individual automated decisions - you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests or public interests. In the event of opposition, PALMEIRO GLOBAL shall cease processing personal data, unless it presents compelling and legitimate reasons for such treatment that prevail over your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the purposes of declaration, exercise or defense of a right in a judicial process.
PALMEIRO GLOBAL will inform by email or by documents delivery, about the rights of the person, as well as the methods that they must use to activate these rights. The exercise of the rights must be made through request by the person, in writing, and delivered to the administrative services of PALMEIRO GLOBAL or sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for the revision of rights will be reviewed by the administrative department and the replies will be given within 30 days.
5. Limitation of your rights
Your rights may be limited by an internal or community legislative measure that overlaps the interests beyond the rights of the person, as long as rights and obligations provided in Articles 12 to 22 of the RGPD are respected. The interests and rights, which may jeopardize the rights of data holders, are listed in the following points:
a) State Security;
c) Public Security;
d) Prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses or the execution of criminal sanctions, including safeguarding and preventing threats to public security;
e) Defense of judicial independence and legal proceedings;
f) Prevention, investigation, detection and prosecution of violation of deontology regulated professions;
g) Mission to control, inspect or regulate, even if occasionally, with the public safety authority practice;
h) Defense of the data holders or the rights and freedoms of others;
i) Execution of civil actions.
6. Information collected Automatically
6.1 Information collected by third parties – Google Analytics
We use the Google Analytics service, in order to statistically analyze the amount of public access to our website.
For this analysis, Google may collect the user's "User ID", demographic data and information related to Remarketing.
Like most major websites, in order for our website to work properly, we install small files called cookies or connection logs on your computer or mobile device.
a) What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website installs on your computer or mobile device when you visit it. These files allow the website to remember for a certain period of time your actions and preferences, in particular, the username, the chosen language and other display settings. That's why you do not need to re-enter your preferences when you return to a website you have already visited.
Using cookies allow us to:
• Identify our visitors' IP address, and with that information, customize your preferences by making our website experience simpler.
• Count and analyze statistically every access made to the website.
Information related to cookies is not used to personally identify you. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our website works. Acceptance of cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to function but will provide a better user experience.
c) You can control and/or delete the cookies you want. For more information, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies already installed on your computer or mobile device or activate an option available in most browser programs that prevents its installation. But if you do, you may have to manually set up some preferences whenever you visit a website and you risk disabling certain services and features.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this policy every time you purchase at Faces with Stories website and confirm you agree with the present conditions. Occasionally, we may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
The responsible for the data is:
Palmeiro Global, Lda.
Rua Direita, n.º 33
Late update: July 2019